Friday 10 July 2015

Meditation Part #3 - Hare Krishna and/or ultra-successful

The mindfulness discovery path I'm on is now literally smelling like roses....quite a transformation from attempt #1

You see, I've been asked to bring the following to my first meditation class:
* A bunch of fresh flowers - at least six
* Two or three pieces of fresh, sweet fruit
* A piece of new white cloth – a new white handkerchief is perfect

So - what are you thinking (honestly!)?  Have I got myself caught up with a quasi Hare Krishna group...I'll be wearing orange and bald in no time (oh, hang on - I've already satisfied that ;)    Or do you think it's wise to broaden my perspective?  Perhaps I may have stumbled upon the answer of how to keep all those little buckets of life full and happy?!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't really connect with the ritual part either, but in a way, it was nice. From another country, another culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying my utmost to pass no judgement - I'll see what happens after I finish the course and whether it 'sticks' in the longer term. Whose to say they're not right?! Lots of Australians are critical of spirituality of any sort - you know, it's very nerdy/sad/uncool (interestingly some of my South African friends have said, without being critical, that Australians lack the perspective of poverty, crime and mass-illness so they don't search for something bigger than themselves??!). Anyways, enough preaching for one day :). Hope little Kit is doing well xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got his two front teeth! I agree with your friends. x

      Delete